PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements.
PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMIScience (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.
Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
THE ROLEWe are currently hiring for a talented Database Administrator to join our team developing and operating our PMI Enterprise Data Platform. PMI Enterprise Data Platform is a strategic capability to drive new consumer insights, to improve consumer experience, to enable fast context-aware decision making and to optimize operations along the value chain. This role will be based at PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o in the Information Services (IS) Department in Kraków, Poland.
RESPONSIBILITIES:- Maintain and support Cloud windows servers and applications
- Maintain and support a SaaS Analytical Database Solution
- Monitor AWS Account Costs
- Implement security policies
- Maintain integration with PMI systems
- Monitor support queue and resolve incidents
- Monitor overall platform performance and make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall platform proficiency.
- Build and maintain the automated DevOps toolchain, related processes and best practices.
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices.
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
ABOUT YOU- Bachelor degree in computer science.
- 2 year experience on database administration (SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc)
- Experience on DB optimization and query analysis
- Application deployment and maintenance on Windows Server environments
- Powershell scripting
- Familiar with security (i.e., networking, Active Directory, Kerberos, two factor authentication, SSL, VPN).
- Good communication skills.
- Practitioner of DevOps principles
- Experience as Snowflake.com administrator
NICE TO HAVE- Experience with Wherescape 3D and Wherescape RED applications
- Familiar with virtualized infrastructure, preferable cloud (VMWare, Azure, AWS, etc)
- Knowledge of configuration management and automation frameworks such Ansible, Chef or similar tools
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Datadog, Newrelic, Nagios, Prometheus, or similar
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, Azure Devops, etc.
- Experience working in agile environment using methodologies such Scrum or Kanban
- You are curious and keen to learn and experiments with new technologies quickly
WHAT WE OFFER:Our success depends on the men and women who work with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress
TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATES
- Possibility to get refund for various courses, certificates, language courses or studies
- WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Work from home (9 days in a month), compressed work week will give you a chance to combine your work and private life
- DESIGNED INTERNAL CAREER PATH
- You drive your own development. Due to our big IT transformation you can find numerous internal opportunities
- COMPENSATION PACKAGE
- Medical and dental care, private insurance, pension plan
- LUNCH & COFFEE BREAK
- Subsidised meals (50% discount in our canteen), freshly ground coffee, foodtrucks in our garden
- HAPPY PARENTS PROGRAM
- Working part time for the 1st month after parental leave (100% paid), Company kindergarten
- WELLBEING PROGRAMS
- Multisport program, social and charity events
- OFFICE SPACE / WORKPLACE
- Free car, bike and motorcycle parking for everyone!
BE A PART OF A REVOLUTIONARY CHANGEAt PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally redefining our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly new directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fuelled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are outstanding IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into details. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with in your career.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.