Operational Risk Analyst
Job Reference #
Are you someone who enjoys the ongoing management of operational risk? Do you like working in an environment where empowerment, challenge and excellence are highly valued?
We are looking for someone like this to:
• Be an Operational Risk Analyst for IB Credit and Group Market & Treasury Risk Control: assist in the ongoing management of operational risk issues and events for the business area.
• Independently analyse operational risks and engage with operational risk issue owners to ensure that issues have been captured consistently with UBS's operational risk framework.
• Review issue closure documentation to ensure that minimum standards for closing the issue sustainably have been met; challenge issue owners where required.
• Contribute to the issue identification process: challenge and highlight remediation gaps during the issue remediation planning phases.
• Track key issue remediation deliverables and monthly status updates throughout an issue’s lifecycle.
• Assist issue owners with the issue assurance process: coordinate responses and evidence collection.
• Prepare monthly reports for senior management forums and operating committees
You’ll be working in the Chief of Staff team in IB Credit and Group Market & Treasury Risk Control. We are a small team providing a huge variety of services; supporting the function to deliver operationally and perform effectively whilst keeping alignment with our strategic priorities. You'll be working closely with the IB Credit and Group Market & Treasury Risk Control global team and colleagues in partner functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
• knowledge of operational risk practices as well an understanding of operational processes, risks and controls in the financial services industry
• 2+ years of relevant working experience in operational risk management
• computer proficiency required in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• strong oral and written communication skills
• an understanding of other key risks type would be advantageous (market risk, liquidity risk, credit risk)
• a strong collaborator and confident communicator
• ability to work independently and work in a demanding environment
• open to learning numerous applications specific to the Risk function
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.