IT Test Analyst (Mobile Banking)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a digital detective? Do you like to investigate how well something works? Do you have an amazing attention to detail? We're looking for someone like you to support our award winning Mobile Banking Solution:
• analyze, design, and write test cases according to the Software Development Life Cycle
• identify, raise and track defects
• support the test manager on test progress, effort estimation and impact analysis
• understand, program, run and monitor test scripts based on our test automation framework
• curious about new functionality and eager to find bugs within our software
You’ll be working in an agile setup in our Mobile Team in Wroclaw. Our solutions are award winning and our environment is very demanding, fast paced and exciting. Join us and help us keep up the quality with your eagle eyes and persistence. You will act as gate keeper for Mobile Banking deliveries.
• minimum 3 years of experience in automation app testing
• the understanding of a defect process flow
• the skills to properly analyse test cases based on software requirements specification
• the ability to script automated testcases
• experience in banking is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.