Who we are looking for
At the Officer role you will be responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations (NAV). In addition you will take charge of team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Manager (AIS NAV) you will:
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources with the support of the AVP
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary.
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches. Record as appropriate in the Errors log
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensure Director, Assistant Vice President & Donor site CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams
- Ambition to succeed and forge a longterm career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Highly computer literate
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway