Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
The Group Reporting Advisor Corporate is a member of the BAA team and together with her/his colleague in The Hague serves as the primary focal point for the Corporate Controller, Legal Entity Controllers and Finance Operations. She/he also plays a key role, providing accounting advice and support to the wider Corporate organization which includes the Holdings and Treasury activities of the Shell Group. At quarter-end, the Group Reporting Advisor Corporate is also responsible for analyzing, challenging and ensuring the financial integrity of the Corporate results submissions. Accountabilities
• The Group Controllers organization is responsible for the accounting framework of the entire RDS Group. Issues arising from accounting developments can have billions of $ impact on the Balance Sheet and hundreds of millions on the Profit and Loss Statement. Reputation issues arising from badly handled accounting issues could have a material effect on RDS share price.
• The Group Reporting Advisor Corporate is responsible for the identification and understanding of the accounting and reporting aspects of a global and diverse Corporate function and for the professional communication of related plans to senior stakeholders.
• Responsible for managing the business accounting framework, and accounting policy application by engaging and influencing a wide variety of stakeholders: Corporate Controller, Legal Entity Controllers and Finance Operations.
• Responsible for managing key relationships with the external auditors, E&Y, and resolving accounting related issues and quarterly control/closing issues in a timely manner.
• Understand the drivers of the Corporate function and use diagnostic skills, commercial acumen and relationships to identify, articulate and deliver strategic and operational solutions.
• Support Reporting & Planning teams with sector specific data required for financial statement preparation (20F), quarterly reporting (QRA) and the Group Planning process.
• Originate and Manage the Group Audit Review Papers “GARPs” in response to general Shell Group and Corporate function accounting issues related to projects and topics having significant impact on the Group financial statements.
• Accountable for reviewing the Corporate Group Investment proposals “GIPs” and ensuring that risks and accounting treatment are properly framed before the EVP Controller support is granted.
• Lastly, the role will have various SME areas assigned to it.
Working level experience as a financial accountant. Preferably experience in a number of different companies/businesses, inside or outside Shell.
• The key finance competencies required are in the areas of Business Analysis, Accounting Operations and Accounting Principles.
• Well-developed business understanding and strong business focus.
• The ability to apply a disciplined and firm approach to complex issues while applying sensible business judgment.
• The ability to work independently, resolve complex issues and work proactively, anticipating internal and external events that may affect the Groups accounts.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• The ability to work quickly and accurately under considerable time pressure, having an orientation to detail and high quality while maintaining the global picture.
• The ability to work effectively in a matrix environment given significant cross-department processes.
• Well-developed communication and influencing skills, effective at all levels in the organization. The ability to challenge data as appropriate, whilst maintaining strong relationships across the Group.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects