Senior Splunk Analyst
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you comfortable working with data e.g. collecting, analyzing and presenting data for stakeholders and senior management? Are you passionate about designing and building next generation IT Service Intelligence dashboards using Splunk? Are you confident at working with stakeholders and iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• work with IT teams within Technology Operations Center to perform requirements gathering sessions to develop the scope and design of new and existing dashboards, reports, data sources and alerts using Splunk and Splunk ITSI
• understand the business process flow and design & develop an “End-2-End” service visibility, including large scale processing, integration, and analysis of various logs, application performance statistics etc.
• discover and mine data to develop meaningful insights into Failed, Unexpected, Incomplete or Delayed IT services.
• should have in-depth knowledge on Splunk ITSI and specialized/custom dashboards and visualizations. Experience in Investigating issues and troubleshooting
• develop visualization dashboards and indicators that identify anomalous activities using statistical behavior models, and machine learning
• experience in implementation of Glass Tables via ITSI is needed, should have ability to analyze and prioritize events against several business KPIs proactively.
• design and build automation solutions to templatize dashboards for large scale implementation for different business applications
You’ll be working in the End User Services Automation global team within Technology Operations Center. You will be based in Wroclaw working with individuals who will help you succeed. The team is co-located in USA, Singapore, Poland and India. The team is a mix of junior and senior automation and DevOps engineers, data analysts. We build and maintain several toolsets, automations and data analytics primarily focusing on End User Services infrastructure including infrastructure servers and end user VDIs that helps to keep the infrastructure stable and provide improved end user experience.
• 4+ years of experience in Splunk development (Create Dashboards, Visualization, Statistical reports, scheduled searches, alerts and knowledge objects)
• 2+ years of experience with Splunk ITSI in creating professional glass tables with drilldowns that helps to solve IT challenges and provide service-level insights and analysis on events, metrics, and logs to find and fix the most important issues first
• have experience in managing & implementing ITSI Infrastructure Dashboard in Splunk to provide Service View based analytics with drilldowns into infrastructure components and KPIs that quickly helps to quickly narrow down affected components
• experience with creating Splunk knowledge objects (field extractions, macros, event types, tags, transactions, field extractions, saved searches, reports, alerts, lookups etc.).
• prior experience as Systems Administrator and VDI domain knowledge is a plus
• expert level knowledge and understanding of Splunk “Search” language and building complex queries
• expert-level capabilities with regular expression and statistical functions
• experience in Creating the Single Pane of Glass tables and dashboard that helps the operations team to proactively monitor alerts on a daily basis
• knowledge and experience in Loom, Kafka and Moogsoft - nice to have
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.