Fund Accounting and Administration Specialist w State Street Global Advisors, Officer
SSGA manages and is promoter of approximately 400 European funds in multiple domiciles (Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and France). The European Funds Management team is responsible for handling all processes related to fund governance, including the monitoring of fund costs.
The team have sought to align processes across fund ranges, whilst acknowledging that a number of different fee and expense structures apply across the EMEA fund range. The role is responsible for further aligning and improving the efficiency of these processes.
This individual will be responsible for the tasks detailed below, as well as providing support to the product managers in relation to others. A key strategic objective of the role is the effective controls of fund expenses, which is an increasing focus for European regulators.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Product Manager for French FCPs (updating prospectuses, review of financial statements, liaison with Paris Sales).
- Product Manager for WindWise Qualified Funds plc.
- Production of country specific Product Lists.
- Oversight of management fee accruals.
- Monitoring of funds’ total expense ratios and fee waivers, liaising with service providers where appropriate.
- Implementation and oversight of funds non-standard fee arrangements (e.g. all-in fee, fee caps, fund of fund rebate etc…).
- Draft and keep up to date fund budgets and ensure they are approved by the relevant governing body prior to implementation.
- Action payment of fund third party invoices/expenses (except SSGS) and ensure appropriate allocation across funds/classes.
- Oversight of VAT recovery.
- Preparation of quarterly Board reporting. Ensure timely execution of all BAU processes with a focus on minimising enterprise risk.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.