As Enterprise Database Systems Programmer, you will be part of a team of technicians providing ‘on-site’ and ‘out of hours’ support all database management systems running in Citigroup data centers globally on the IBM zSeries platform.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the engineering of database management systems software and associated tooling.
- Work with Citigroup businesses on application development projects by providing subject matter expertise and database administration support for business applications.
- Work with key database systems software vendors on the future design and features of software products that are utilized by Citigroup.
- Impact cost saves and cost avoidance by standardizing design solutions and optimizing database management system infrastructure and application efficiencies.
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of any/some of the following is a plus: DB2 z/OS/ IMS/ IDMS/ IBM InfoShpere Replication Server/ eNets’s RRDF/ IBM's Infosphere Data Replication for VSAM z/OS/ CA DB2 Tools/ IBM DB2 Utilities/ SMP/E/ DB2 Connect/ DB2 Client/ DB2 Analytics Accelerator/ Oracle Database on z/Linux/ Oracle Enterprise Manager/ Guardium/ Db2 running on z/Linux/ Oracle Golden Gate/ z/OS/ z/Linux/
- Well organised and able to keep a number of activities in progress in parallel, balancing priorities as necessary, in particular between support and project work.
- A good team member.Ability to communicate clearly at all levels while working either individually or as a team player is essential.
- Self-starter, but also a completer/finisher who ensures that tasks/projects are fully completed with the necessary updates to documentation.
- Understanding of fundamental data processing concepts & terminology.
- Experience with creating written procedure documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering.
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work in diverse and inclusive environment.
- Collaboration with a high quality team in a challenging areas of the financial industry and Team support.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management.
- Great place to work.
- Work with new technologies.
- Many different learning opportunities.
- Flexible working environment.
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits.