At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible! We’re totally transforming our business while building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
Join us in this role and you’ll be part of our IT Product Platforms team at our shared service center in Krakow, Poland. You will contribute to build and evolve a portfolio of IT solutions supporting key PMI strategies.
The JobWe are currently looking to hire a Solution Expert, in the Product Quality (PQ) domain of the Philip Morris International (PMI) Service Center Europe (SCE) in Krakow, Poland.
As part of PMI's digital transformation, the PQ domain is undertaking a revolution. Key to this revolution is the implementation and the evolution new solutions to address challenges related to our product quality including integration with manufacturing processes and external suppliers.
The RoleYou will be one of the Solution Expert in the IT Product Platform team, responsible to define, configure, deploy and evolve different business software to address functional needs while following PMI software engineering standards and practices.
The Responsibilities• Be part of cross-functional team which seeks to understand the business processes, their challenges and opportunities.
• Collaborate with Enterprise, Domain and Solution Architects to explore solutions related to business use cases.
• Perform cross-functional experimentation to validate alternatives, including hands-on software configuration.
• Develop and test new software capabilities or new software solutions to address requirements, with an effective control framework that adheres to PMI and regulatory requirements (GxP).
• Ensure an effective transition of solutions into operations with the appropriate resources, procedures and feedback mechanisms to understand usage.
• Promote experiments, new capabilities and learnings to other stakeholders to facilitate adoption and benefits realization.
• Contribute to roadmap definition, continuous improvement of solution operations and the speed in delivery of capabilities and innovation.
Challenge• Ensuring service levels meet customer needs
• Working with remote multi-cultural teams
• Continuously drive the improvements related to validated systems
• Support the validation of new and existing computerized systems and applications in compliance with GxP principles, FDA requirements and GAMP guidelines.
Experience:• University degree (Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent) with additional certificates, degrees or experience in Project Management & Service Management
• 5-8 years of experience in the IT Service management areas in manufacturing/Operation quality/quality domain.
• Understand key processes in technology delivery
• Minimum of 4 years of experience working directly with GxP systems
• Experience in working in a remote and multi-cultural environment
• Experience working in an ideation, experimentation approach to innovation.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Functional skills• Strategic thinking
• Challenging status quo
• Problem solving
• Strong communication skills
Technical skills• Laboratory solutions and/or Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) solutions
• Manufacturing and/or Operations Quality solutions
• Ability to design and implement IT solutions utilizing modern software architectures (microservices, DevOps process and toolset, infrastructure as a code, messaging integration)
• Data and Identity management integration
• AWS Solution Architect Associate/Professional or similar proved experience
• Agile methods and processes (e.g.: Scrum, SAFe, DevOps)
• Knowledge of common IT frameworks (e.g.: ITIL)
Knowledge in some or all of:• Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, etc.)
• Databases: MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Openshift), Oracle
• Basic networking, including Firewall, Load Balancers, DNS, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER:Our success depends on the men and women who work with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress
TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATES
- Possibility to get refund for various courses, certificates, language courses or studies
- WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Work from home (9 days in a month), compressed work week will give you a chance to combine your work and private life
- DESIGNED INTERNAL CAREER PATH
- You drive your own development. Due to our big IT transformation you can find numerous internal opportunities
- COMPENSATION PACKAGE
- Medical and dental care, private insurance, pension plan
- LUNCH & COFFEE BREAK
- Subsidised meals (50% discount in our canteen), freshly ground coffee, foodtrucks in our garden
- HAPPY PARENTS PROGRAM
- Working part time for the 1st month after parental leave (100% paid), Company kindergarten
- WELLBEING PROGRAMS
- Multisport program, social and charity events
- OFFICE SPACE / WORKPLACE
- Free car, bike and motorcycle parking for everyone!
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into details. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with in your career.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.