At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible! We’re totally transforming our business while building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
Join us in this role and you’ll be part of our IT Product Platforms team at our shared service center in Krakow, Poland. You will supply to build and evolve a portfolio of IT solutions supporting key PMI strategies.
THE JOBWe are currently looking to hire a Solution Architect, in the Product Quality Assurance (PQA) domain of the Philip Morris International (PMI) Service Center Europe (SCE) in Krakow, Poland.
As part of PMI's digital transformation, the PQA domain is undertaking a revolution. Key to this revolution is the adoption and architect new solutions to address challenges related to our product quality including integration with manufacturing processes and external suppliers.
THE ROLEYou will be one of the Solution Architects in the IT Product Platform team, responsible to design and architect IT solutions in the Product Quality Domain by using your knowledge and experience. For this, you will demonstrate previous experience in similar domains, your strength of mind and confidence to present and defend architectural topics to internal partners.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES- Support implementation of PMI's Architecture Services and all related service portfolios at IT product level including documentation standards, to better support current and future business needs.
- Design, develop, document and maintain the key business & process area specific application & technology architecture for a suite of products and related infrastructure to meet business needs while ensuring the alignment with standards and environment.
- Analyze, plan and run the overall roadmap related to Product Quality Assurance portfolio and periodically publish the respective product roadmaps.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of a suite of products functionality and its dependence on release levels, through research in domain specific industry trends and developments.
- Collaborate with PMI global/Affiliates to develop RFI and RFP documents and participate in the reviewing of vendor submissions and preparing recommendation that meet PMI requirements including compliance with established standards and best practices
- Conduct periodic discussions on selected topics for specified products aiming to form Interest groups in propagating Principals, Standards and Roadmaps.
- Consider additional implications of supporting Computer Validated System (CSV) processes.
CHALLENGE- Ensuring service levels meet customer needs
- Working with remote multi-cultural teams
- Continuously drive the improvements related to validated systems
- Support the validation of new and existing computerized systems and applications in compliance with GxP principles, FDA requirements and GAMP guidelines.
EXPERIENCE:- University degree (Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent) with additional certificates, degrees or experience in Project Management & Service Management
- 5-8 years of experience in Information Technology with proven expert level of knowledge in the domain of manufacturing and product quality assurance
- Understand key processes in technology delivery
- Experience working in a conceptualization, experimentation approach to innovation.
- Exposure to International environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS- Strategic thinking
- Challenging status quo
- Problem solving
- Strong communication skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS- Understanding in Quality, Manufacturing or Supply chain, with SAP systems understanding of master data practices in a manufacturing/logistics
- Experience working with Labvantage solutions and/or Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) solutions
- Experience with designing the connectivity and integration of lab instruments in multiple lab/ countries with related LIMS systems
- Understanding of IoT (Internet of Things) and how this technology could improve quality
- Understanding of “on/at line quality” concepts including predictive analytics
- Understanding of the specificities and benefits of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Experience with design and implementation of IT solutions utilizing modern software architectures (microservices, DevOps process and toolset, infrastructure as a code, messaging integration)
- Integration technologies (API, ESB, ETL, Message Server). Preferably experience in MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
- AWS Solution Architect Associate/Professional or similar proved experience
- Hands-on experience with on-premise and cloud solutions configuration and implementation
- Agile methods and processes (e.g.: Scrum, SAFe, DevOps)
- Basic understanding of ITIL principles and processes
- Understanding of predictive Quality using Analytics
KNOWLEDGE IN SOME OR ALL OF:- Virtualization
- DevOps practices and Agile software development
- Preferably experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence), Jenkins, Artifactory
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, etc.)
- Databases: MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Openshift), Oracle
- Basic networking, including Firewall, Load Balancers, DNS, etc.
- Security remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
WHAT WE OFFER:Our success depends on the men and women who work with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress
TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATES
- Possibility to get refund for various courses, certificates, language courses or studies
- WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Work from home (9 days in a month), compressed work week will give you a chance to combine your work and private life
- DESIGNED INTERNAL CAREER PATH
- You drive your own development. Due to our big IT transformation you can find numerous internal opportunities
- COMPENSATION PACKAGE
- Medical and dental care, private insurance, pension plan
- LUNCH & COFFEE BREAK
- Subsidised meals (50% discount in our canteen), freshly ground coffee, foodtrucks in our garden
- HAPPY PARENTS PROGRAM
- Working part time for the 1st month after parental leave (100% paid), Company kindergarten
- WELLBEING PROGRAMS
- Multisport program, social and charity events
- OFFICE SPACE / WORKPLACE
- Free car, bike and motorcycle parking for everyone!
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or investigating into details. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with in your career.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.