Who we are looking for:
Depositary has oversight responsibilities for the Investment Manager's activities in a number of key areas such.
The Depositary is also responsible for the safeguarding of the assets of the authorized fund. This separation of the management of the fund's assets from their ownership is the most fundamental element of investor protection provided by authorized funds.
The Depositary also has a responsibility for protecting the interests of incoming, outgoing and continuing investors in a fund. Whilst not having a direct responsibility for the Manager's activities, the Depositary must take reasonable care to ensure that the Manager is properly discharging its own responsibilities.
Why this role is important to us:
The Senior Depositary Analyst is responsible for analyzing and review the content and monitoring the quality on a wide spectrum of depositary control functions, namely cash-flow monitoring, safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions.
What you will be responsible for:
- Ensure a correct and timely reflection of market trades in the system.
- Analyze trade data in order to verify the validity of trade orders.
- Reconcile discrepancies in Prepare cash monitoring work on a daily basis (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Prepare safekeeping of assets work on a daily basis (custody, asset ownership verification and registration).
- Analyze the output of the reconciliations for specific instruments such as OTC Derivatives, ETD, cash, stock, etc.
- Perform oversight checks on valuation (NAV calculation) and safekeeping of units (subscriptions and redemptions and advise internal teams.oversight).
- Oversee the trade status and correctness in order to ensure timely settlement.
- Take ownership on resolving any outstanding items for a timely trade settlement.
- Liaise with other departments and teams internally in order to ensure timely and correct trade settlement and instructions.
- Liaise with our partners in Germany on a daily basis.
- Prepare reports required for trade monitoring and liaise with external settlement departments, transfer agencies, brokers.
- Oversee cash accounts and report any outstanding items.
- Advise junior team members on proper exceptions handling.
- Advise junior team members on proper workflows of daily operations.
- Prepare various reconciliations on a monthly basis (cash monitoring, holdings, units) - compare and confirm data per client/accounting reports to data per bank/custody reports; research any discrepancies.
- Make a risk assessment to identify risky items that require to be investigated further and that require escalation.
- Document collection: understand and review the legal documents linked to the activity of an alternative investment fund: ISDA, CSA, due diligence questionnaires.
- Collaborates with the Review Team on an ongoing basis.
- Complete depositary checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all times.
- Ensure agreed timelines are adhered to.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
- Drive process changes and enhancements.
- Take ownership of implementing changes and actively search for new solutions.
- Actively work on team development and close knowledge gaps.
- Take ownership of task and queries to be resolved in order to deliver high quality service.
- Be an essential partner and point of contact regarding daily activities for our counterparties.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- A good understanding of investment operations, funds and custody.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- The ability to understand investment operations, funds and custody.
- Proficiency in English.
- Advanced in German.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops