Who we are looking for
A professional with at least 3-4 years of relevant experience who will support processing of complex derivatives data. You will be responsible for operating model, identifying potential risk or problem situations, conducting impact analysis and resolving issues. You will also be a central point of contact for other processing teams, client service and brokers.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Derivatives Expert you will
- Participate as Subject Matter Expert in the development, testing and implementation of new tools/systems and products related to the ongoing business transformation process.
- Act as a central point of contact for technical and operational issues encountered in the daily business and/or ad hoc requests related to derivatives process. Track issue trends and escalate as needed.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across clients and country groups.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of Derivatives Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practices.
- Provide support for new business transitions to Poland and/or internally between teams.
- Liaise internal and external clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Keep Team Supervisor and Manager informed of issues.
- Assist in training of less experienced staff and preparation of knowledge test cases.
- Demonstrates solution-oriented attitude and be accountable for execution of made decisions and assigned actions within the team.
- Own remediation actions at team level.
- Review data collected by the team, controls its accuracy and timeliness, communicates risks and challenges. Take actions to detect inefficient areas and address it.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Actively participating in department projects, being proactive about own development.
- Presenting positive attitude in the workplace.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written.
- Owner’s mindset, ability to work independently on projects.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in the finance related field will be an asset.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant working experience, previous experience with fund accounting or other finance related fields will be an asset.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway