Who we are looking for
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a joint venture between Boston-based State Street Corporation, a world leader in financial services providing investment servicing, investment management, trading services and investment research, and DST Systems, Inc., a Kansas City-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems. International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a global market leader committed to providing high quality systems and services to our clients. The IFDS family is made up of more than 5,500 world-class employees, located in our offices in Canada, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- The Investor Services team is a Client Facing role.
- The Investor Services team answers all queries received via phone, email, facsimile and post from external sources -shareholders, brokers, financial intermediaries, - i.e. Client Service Team, Service Delivery Team and internally from IFDS cross location functional teams supporting this business.
- Under the supervision of the Manager, the Investor Services Associate 2 is the focal point for the day-to-day client services of the Investor Services Team.
- The Investor Services Associate 2 has to ensure that the workload is distributed evenly amongst all team members and that all queries are dealt with efficiently, accurately and professionally.
- The Investor Services Associate 2 is an integral part of ensuring that a high quality service is delivered to the client, shareholders, brokers and financial intermediaries. Achieving high quality service is a team effort and the Investor Services Associate 2 needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure other team members do so too.
- The Investor Services Associate 2 will work independently and will also work on improving established guidelines and practices by consulting with the Manager where clarification or exception may be required.
- The Investor Services Associate 2 plays a supporting role to the Managers and drives operational excellence by implementing and embedding a continuous improvement culture.
- AWD - All queries received in the Investor Services Team are monitored via the AWD (Automated Workflow Distributor) application. It tracks, controls and manages work through the appropriate processing steps based in the defined workflow. AWD is designed to reduce the physical handling of paper, to distribute the work to trained personnel and to track these pieces of work.
- iFAST is used as our primary record-keeping system. The Shareholders Register & Unit holdings System, all shareholders, Broker, Fund, Fee & Dividend information is stored on this system.
- Victor Buck - Media Dispatch Vendor Victor Buck will distribute the contract notes/statements and fax and email reports will be generated and sent to the Victor Buck inbox.
What we value
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direction in a group environment.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues. Maintains open communication channels.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future. Strongly adhere to existing procedures
- and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Display good organizational skills in order to meet SLA deadlines and keeps well documented records. Ensures that checklists, job aids and working procedures are up to date and followed.
- Play a supportive role to the Investor Services Managers.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching under the supervision of the Manger.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Excellent knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions.
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Self-motivated, organized and flexible to new ideas.
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
- Initiate sharing of ideas, processes, client requirements and knowledge through effective proactive assistance to team members, maintain also adequate documentation for reference.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully attended final second-level education (BAC+2 minimum) or equivalent professional qualification.
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance or business administration will be considered as a plus.
- At least two years relevant working experience in Transfer Agency or Financial Services.
- Fluent in English with strong language skills a clear preference.
- Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are assets.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…)
- Strong client focus.
- Strong communication skills - adapting style to audience and including senior levels both internally and externally
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment