At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Tax Documentation & Compliance Specialist!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Specialist to join our Global Tax Services. In this role you will be responsible for the collection, validation, tracking, and archiving, of tax documentation for our custody client base, ensuring the proper setup for initial tax withholding purposes, the proper maintenance for ongoing tax withholding purposes, and the resolution of client inquiries.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Perform administrative matters with respect to the review, communication, and maintenance with respect to our custody clients’ tax documentation
- Develop an understanding of the market’s regulatory environment, tax documentation requirements, eligible entity types, and withholding tax environment for assignment countries/client base
- Perform account and market reconciliations and work with Senior Analysts to resolve issues
- Review changes in account information to determine impact on client tax documentation and requirements and work with Senior Analysts and Manager to resolve
- Participate in the solicitation process for new documentation, as necessary, as well as prior to expiration and works with assigned client service base to proactively solicit
- Assume additional tax functions as business needs develop
- Review and respond to internal client inquiries relating to tax compliance, tax reporting matters or tax documentation matters
- Develop relationship with client service managers
- Participate in client conversions to ensure tax documentation requirements are understood and a successful conversion is attained
- Escalate to senior analyst or manager on tax documentation/ compliance issues to mitigate risk for BBH and its clients
- Work with the team to establish and/or improve procedures for tax compliance related activities
- Assist with business requirements and testing of systems changes
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of experience and/or education
- 1.5+ years of experience within tax and/or compliance area
- Written and oral communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external clients in a clear, focused, assertive and concise manner
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, capable of monitoring and completing a variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a potentially high pressure, client driven environment, under daily deadlines
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others