Technical Lead with Java
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about building robust and reliable distributed applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in making improvements and how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
• Lead the technical teams to ensure analysis, development and testing efforts are coordinated
• Analyse business requirements (along with the BAs), design and implement solutions based on a well-defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs within a complex business domain
• Share knowledge and expertise across the development community
• Take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be part of a large cross functional IT team which includes the management, software engineers, business analysts and QA specialists looking after and developing Swap Algorithm Booking and Reporting system. Fundamentally the role involves ensuring the best software development practices are followed when delivering various features, improvements, changes etc in a distributed multinational team.
• Good architectural and design skills
• Expert knowledge in Java development on an enterprise level, some C# experience is welcome but not essential
• Solid RDBMS knowledge (we use Oracle)
• 5+ years of technical leadership for medium sized team
• 5+ years' experience in the financial services industry or similar corporate organisation
• Experienced in code reviews, mentoring and coaching junior developers
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
• Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
• Experience with the full software development life cycle including both traditional waterfall and agile methodologies
• Experience improving legacy code as well as in using modern design patterns
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, very good team player
• Excellent research, investigation and evaluation skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.