Project Manager / Software Engineer – Digital Ledger Technology
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing new systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
Do you want to manage development of a new, DLT based platform and build Tokenisation services? Are you interested to learn and explore the future of banking services? Do you take pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration?
We’re looking for someone like that to join us and:
• lead a high-performing team on a high-profile, innovative project.
• ensure all project deliverables are clearly defined & tracked to completion
• master state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain.
• ensure clear ownership of all project goals & deliverables with business stakeholders
• ensure optimal delivery management tools are in place & populated with high quality data
• apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies in Agile & Lean Startup environment
• drive the weekly planning / reporting cycle evidencing progress towards vision & goals, deliverables & features, issues, risk & resource allocation
• chair various project level meetings and identify & remove key dependencies
• be a change agent and promote DLT solutions via live demos and building PoCs
Digital Platforms Technology department in Poland contains multiple teams (60+ people) looking after modern applications within Investment Banking space. That includes Datastreaming & AI platform, UBS Neo, integration with Symphony collaboration platform, tools optimizing engineering productivity and a Tokenisation team building DLT solutions.
• experience in delivering complex projects in Tier-1 financial service organisations
• experience of delivering end-to-end projects covering all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle
• strong verbal & written communication skills with experience of interfacing with senior management
• competence in the area of Distributed Ledger Technology
• ability to convey programme/project status, dependencies, issues & risks in a clear concise manner
• direct experience of working with all levels of resource in both IT & the Business
• experience of chairing / facilitating project meetings
• expertise in fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms.
• expertise in Java 8 with knowledge of low-level parts of API like collections, multi-threading, Java concurrency utilities, IO/NIO and Sockets.
• clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
• knowledge of Java unit testing / testing frameworks / application servers and relational databases
• practical experience of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
• focused on quality
• an excellent communicator
• aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
• quick learner
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.