The main objective of the role is to deliver Client Solutions on time and to spec, whilst providing an exceptional client experience. This is achieved through excellent communication, superior product knowledge, the ability to see things from our customer’s perspective and Project Management discipline.
We work in a multi-client, multi-project organization, so you will be expected to handle a varied workload and prioritize effectively. Around 80% of your workload will be Cash Management related (e.g. Payments and Receivables), so Supply Chain Finance and/or Commercial Card experience is favorable, but not mandatory.
Although a technical mind-set is required to be successful in the role, the specific technical knowledge related to electronic banking projects (e.g. connectivity, security, file formats, testing, etc.) is not a mandatory requirement for an applicant, although favorable. As long as you have the willingness to learn, and the ability to pick up things quickly you will be considered.
Key functions of the role will include:
- Day to day management of a portfolio of electronic banking projects.
- Ensuring that all projects are governed to meet our ISO Quality Standards and Audit criteria.
- Build great external client relationships, and internal partnerships with supporting parts of the organization.
- Contribute and participate in process re-engineering activities to ensure we continue to strive forwards in terms of quality and efficiency in everything we do.
- Provide pre-project support to the Sales Team as a subject matter expert on electronic banking to help with solutioning as required.
- Help run a formal kick off meeting or workshop with the client to formally review and document the requirements and solutions to be implemented as part of the project scope. In particular focusing on Citi’s connectivity and security options, our electronic file format options, our testing process and any other technical parts of the solution.
- Manage the internal setup process and teams responsible for connectivity & security, engaging the correct resources via the correct tools, remaining the single face to the external client.
- Manage the internal setup process and teams responsible for configuring the various inbound and/or outbound files in scope of the project, remaining the single face to the external client.
- Providing guidance to the external client as required during their development efforts, being able to comfortably liaise with the client in both business and technical language as appropriate. Engaging an internal network of knowledge and experience as required to get accurate and timely feedback to your client while again remaining the single face to the client.
- Manage and track against a formal testing program that will cover the scope of work in the most efficient manner: connectivity, file format, file content, etc. Managing the internal test resources to get accurate and timely feedback during the testing phase while remaining the single face to the client.
- Manage the formal change processes to promote the solution to production, obtaining and documenting the relevant sign offs and ensuring it is scheduled in line with the clients expectations.
- Manage initial production support for production testing and hypercare period. Monitoring and engaging the relevant internal production support teams as required to ascertain the root cause of any issues in a timely manner.
- Help manage a formal project closure process, feeding back on lessons learned, and formally handing on-going production support to the Citi Service team.
- 2 years’ experience working in a bank / financial institution or a corporate position working in the financial area (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury).
- Cash Management knowledge (Payments & Receivables).
- Host to Host Banking technical knowledge (highly preferable):
- Connectivity (SWIFT, SFTP, etc.).
- Encryption Tools (PGP, Symantec, etc.).
- Electronic File Formats (ISO20022 XML, MT101, etc.).
- Corporate financial ERP knowledge (preferable):
- Saas Platforms (Kyriba, GTreasury, Revel, etc.)
- Supply Chain Finance knowledge (preferable).
- Commercial Cards knowledge (preferable).
- Communication – ability to select the appropriate communication method for different scenarios, and be comfortable communicating to various levels of seniority internally and externally.
- Time management – ability to effectively prioritize a varied workload in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter – ability to take on things with little to no background, acting as an owner, and still being able to deliver strong results.
- Common sense – ability to step back and analyze a situation with a pragmatic, methodical approach.
- Risk management – ability to foresee risks and issues so they can be raised and managed effectively
- Fast learner – ability to pick up things quickly and be confident to run with them. Must have a technical aptitude, even if not full versed in some of the specific Electronic Banking technicalities.
- Opportunity to work in an international and diverse environment.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management
- Private healthcare
- Group insurance
- Private pension scheme
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
- Multisport program
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.