Who we are looking for
Are you passionate about business strategy?
Do you seek opportunities to use data and analytics to make business decisions?
Do you want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment?
Are you forward thinking, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo?
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors is one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers!
It is the investment management division of State Street Corporation a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors and a major advocate of ESG investment principles (State Street vows to turn up the heat on ESG standards).
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world both as a partner and a leader is a fundamental value at State Street.
The Investment Solutions Group is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to investors’ problems employing SSGA’s broad product based capabilities.
The ISG team regroups 50 investment professionals globally with 10 located in EMEA and runs $200 bn of assets and exposures.
What you will be responsible for
We are looking to hire an Intermediate portfolio manager in Krakow.
As a portfolio manager, you will be responsible in managing portfolios with a specific focus on multi-asset class portfolios for institutional clients in EMEA.
Your primary goal will be to deliver the outcomes and investment results our clients expect from us. You will be more specifically involved in using listed and OTC derivatives instruments (futures, options, swaps, forwards) and / or physical exposures (ETFs and more traditional mutual funds). This will involve the implementation of changes to clients’ portfolios in liaison with the client themselves, your team, the SSGA trading desk and as required other investment specialists of SSGA.
In addition to day-to-day activity, we expect you will be involved in improving the investment process and developing existing or new investment strategies.
You are well organized and capable to get along with other teams in support areas including technology business operations, performance measurement, investment reporting, investment risk teams and trade operations.
- Managing day to day portfolios in line with their risk targets and investment objectives
- Developing new investment ideas and their implementation
- Provide investment management support to other investment centers such as London as required
- Working closely with other investment teams as required
- Providing assistance in the management of multi asset class funds of funds and tactical asset allocation portfolios
- Ability to work in a small-medium size team
- Collaborating with internal SSGA stakeholders to improve and develop models and tools used by the team to evaluate assets, construct portfolios and make recommendations for clients' portfolios and funds
- Testing system developments to improve the investment process and the control environment
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics
- CFA Charterholder preferred
- Command of French preferred
- Knowledge of exchange traded derivatives (futures, options) and SWAPS preferred
- Good communication / presentation skills and ability to articulate sophisticated investment concepts to a broad range of audiences
- Understanding of advanced financial theories with a pragmatic knowledge of quantitative and statistical tools
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of front office tools (Bloomberg, Charles River)
- Positive personality a global mind-set - for international organizations
- Tangible and successful experience in portfolio management.