Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you trust data? Are you an experienced data & database specialist, passionate about data-driven decisions? Are you able to merge, join and analyse large data sets? Do you have experience in Risk Management processes?
We are looking for a data geek, experienced data and database specialist who can lead work in the Finance, Risk and Analytics stream. Newly established project team is looking to improve current organization’s risk management and business continuity management processes and tooling including build-out of additional functionality such as what-if scenario planning using advanced analytics, machine learning and/or AI.
You will be part of the Logistics IT team within Finance, Risk and Data IT organization. Our software and tools are at the heart of UBS's Group Function where we provide bank-wide solutions to support the business processes in these functions. The team is global based in Switzerland, UK, EMEA, APAC and the US.
• Responsible for performing data analysis activities to capture data requirements clearly, completely, and correctly while, at the same time, representing them in a formal and visual way through data models
• Support multiple Business Intelligence through Data lake/Data House/Data Warehouse projects, including build-out of Dimensional Models
• Work through early stages of software lifecycle to profile data and to create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs with appropriate structure and relationships for optimal performance
• Ensure the long term reliability, scalability and maintainability of systems
• Designing and creating appropriate frameworks that are sufficiently large
• Creating technical documents that outline the purpose, capacity, and guidelines attached to each database
• Providing practical guidance on the use and migration of each database
• Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
• Experience in Data Modelling, Database design and well versed with DB coding best practices
• Good understanding of data driven solutions and approach to large volume data processing
• Hands on experience with Oracle and PostgreSQL data base
• Hands on experience with programming languages such PL/SQL coding, Python
• Good in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedure and partitioning & indexing strategies
• Good understanding of data, schema standards & concepts, database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Experience with UNIX or Linux OS, shell scripting and scripting to manipulate data on databases like oracle and Job scheduling tool
• Hands on experience with version control tool like Tortoise Git or Tortoise SVN
• Knowledge of at least one BI tool like Power BI, Tableau, Cognos or any other
• Basic understanding in cloud technologies like DBaaS, IaaS and Azure
• Team player and good time-management skills.
• Good banking domain knowledge
• Knowledge or working experience with Azure core components.
• Hands on experience with Scala/Python coding
• Hands on experience with PowerShell scripting/Puppet
• Experience with DB migration from standalone instance s to Azure cloud or one DB to another DB
• Knowledge of Rest API.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.