The Securities & Derivative Analyst 1 is an entry level position responsible for processing orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions.
- Perform trade verifications to ensure accuracy of booking requests
- Generate and match trade confirmations according to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) templates
- Complete settlement tasks and daily rate revaluations accurately and on time
- Coordinate transaction processing issues to the appropriate department and collaborate on a solution
- Perform regulatory controls, account reconciliations, and record retention activities in accordance with established policies
- Prepare and submit periodic internal and external regulatory reports
- Participate in the periodic General Ledger (GL) proofing exercises as directed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Relevant experience preferred
- Fundamental understanding of Treasury products, accounting and regulatory policies
- Proven ability to perform various concurrent activities/projects in a high-risk environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of macros
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting or Finance
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The CIS team focuses on the Trade Life Cycle of Collective Investment orders received from our Global Custody clients and any operational processes related to that TLC (Order Placement and Documentation management, settlement and reconcilement, Asset Servicing and Query Management. The team is committed to provide the most accurate and up-to-date trade order statuses, reconcile cash and stock positions to each of our sub-custodians (Fundsettle and Vestima) or directly to the Transfer Agencies statements on a daily basis and respond to any third party query in relation to the trade orders.
The team is responsible for timely and accurate processing of subscription and redemption orders for units in collective investment schemes, as well as maintenance of data in internal databases.
- Securities transaction processing and settlement in accordance with prevailing market and client deadlines, SWIFT and local market standards, internal procedures
- Query resolution: answering queries from Customer Service officers and various other teams involved in transaction processing and settlement activities regarding the status of settlement cycle and related changes in internal databases
- Stock/cash reconciliation/investigation
- Reporting – preparing various reports (ad hock as well as regular reports)
- Leading process improvement initiatives in order to improve service standards, streamline processes and procedures and minimizing manual work
- Provide high quality service
- Challenge the status quo, display initiative and innovation
- Aligning to the Operating Principles and VOE initiatives within the team
- Support colleagues and peers, especially during peak volume periods and other absence
- Building a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders (other departments, vendors, Transfer Agents etc.) and enhance those relationships to improve the service standards, team processes, systems and procedures within the team to improve process efficiency, expansion of the product and reduction of manual work
- Perform process analysis and suggest enhancements
- Work with the Team Leader to organize training within the team to ensure development for the junior members of the team
- Ensure all issues / potential issues are escalated appropriately and in a timely manner
- Encourage positive and professional working environment
- Providing training for new staff members.
- Additional business oriented tasks requested by manager
- Access to in depth knowledge of how Capital Markets operate
- Awareness of the settlement processes of various financial instruments
- Access to a dynamic variety of training material & courses across multiple delivery platforms
- Co-operation with other capital market players
- Working as part of a team of professionals with vast knowledge of the financial environment
- Ability to work in face paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to attain an in depth knowledge of SWIFT standards
- Ability to use English on a daily basis
- Experience in institutions linked to capital markets
- Knowledge in functioning of different financial instruments and markets.
- Experience in delivering tasks to strict deadlines and controls.
- Good knowledge of global custody business (advantageous)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: MS Office environment knowledge
- Analytical skills.
- Good team player able to build strong professional relationships
- SWIFT knowledge – advantageous.
- Umiejętność ustalania priorytetów.
- Higher education – economic profile
- Fluent English required
- Very good work organization; punctuality and timeliness
- Ability to work in high stress fluid environment
- Focused on details when performing the tasks and ability to handle risk processes under tight deadlines