WHAT TO EXPECT
Gates Industrial Corporation has an opportunity for a General Ledger Accountant at its EMEA SSC in Wrocław, Poland. This position will be responsible for executing the finance activities for Record to Report process – General Ledger accounting, Month End Close activities and Fixed Asset accounting - for Gates businesses in EMEA.
- Executing the RTR process activities such as Month End Close activities and fixed asset accounting - for a number of Gates entities in EMEA countries.
- Produces timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financials in line with Gates timetable and in line with company standards (US GAAP).
- Contact for the Auditing Company during Year-End Closing and preparation of the Annual Report.
- Assuring that all accounting procedures are in accordance with Gates's policies and procedures and with all local laws and regulations.
- Participation in projects and shows initiative in order to implement improvements and standardization
- Preparing and verify process descriptions documents
- Cooperation with internal and external auditors
- Reconcile account balances and reports in order to clarify and/ or to correct the transactions.
- Preparing and verifies the necessary data in different finance fields (e.g. payroll, fixed assets) in order to timely register the costs.
- Contributing to the timely and accurate performance of tasks related to the monthly closing within the team in order to prepare financial statements
- Transfering RTR activities from various EMEA locations to GBSE in Wrocław
- Perfect knowledge of the RTR process
- Demonstrated business acumen, problem-solving skills
- Process improvements
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and Accounting/ ERP systems (SAP experience beneficial)
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory.
- Masters/ Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 2 years Finance/ Accounting experience in an international company
- Experience in working on the RTR team in SSC/BPO
- Strong communication skills and fast learning ability required
- Open mind highly appreciated
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as “One Gates” and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best we also want to give you the best. That’s why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of “Dress for your Day” (yes - that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers to learn more.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBLITY?