Cyber Security Analyst
Corporate services, infrastructure and facilities
Job Reference #
Are you innovative, analytical and deeply motivated by the fascinating and bound to grow world of Cyber Security? Are you willing to play an active role within our worldwide UBS Cyber Defense environment? Are you fascinated by designing, building and optimizing custom cyber detections using the latest technologies and security products?
We’re looking for such a person, a blue team expert, to:
• improve the effectiveness and quality of the current detections, and reduce numbers of false positive
• design, develop and implement new strategies and techniques aimed at detecting potential malicious activities and attacks, before they cause a negative impact
• gather SOAR platform requirements and work with SOAR engineering team to get requirements implemented
• work closely with our colleagues from cyber monitoring, proactive defense, CTI, red and purple teams, threat response and security engineers to improve the security landscape of the bank
You will be working in the Detection Engineering unit of the Advanced Analytics team and be based in Krakow - Fabryczna. The Advanced Analytics team, part of the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) within Group Technology, strives to detect malicious activities within the UBS IT infrastructure as well as complex cyber-attacks in early phases of attack lifecycle.
It is a young and empowered team always seeking excellence and continuous improvement. As a Cyber Security Specialist, you'll play an important role in designing our next detection capabilities and protect the firm from cyber-attacks.
• ideally 1 to 3 years of experience in information security, SOC, threat detection or in a comparable environment, with a focus in the security field
• knowledge of how a SOC operates, and hands-on experience with SIEM and SOAR platforms (ideally Splunk and Resilient)
• ability to clearly communicate requirements in technical terms to SOAR engineers
• can-do attitude, you can prototype a solution, you like to code and build ad-hoc solutions
• experience with deployment of custom cyber security solutions including hands-on work (scripting and coding, ideally in Python)
• team spirit, determination, willingness to take action and quick thinking
• ability to take personal ownership and drive remediation
• security certification seen as a plus (SANS, Comptia or i.e.)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.