Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let’s simplify it… think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyer belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
WHAT TO EXPECT
Gates Industrial Corporation plc has an opportunity for an Accounts Payables Accountant at its EMEA SSC in Wrocław, Poland. This position will be responsible for bookkeeping account payables transactions – AP accounting, payments, and T&E accounting - for Gates businesses in EMEA.
- Booking all transactions in the system in order to ensure the proper invoice capturing
- Cooperating with local business to ensure payment on time,
- Contributing to the timely and accurate performing tasks related to the monthly closing
- Ensuring proper reconciliation of Travel & Expenses claims, according to traveling policy
- Cooperating with other departments within GBSE
- Delivering results according to the set goals (KPI’s) in order to contribute to the effective realization of team objectives
- Analysing account balances and reports in order to clarify and/ or to correct the transactions.
- Stabilizing PTP process after the transition from Gates units to GBSE Wroclaw
- Keeping documentation for realizing processes updated
- Leading and participation in projects and shows initiative in order to implement improvements and standardization
- Defining new processes based on business request
- Cooperating with internal and external auditors
- Minimum 2 years of experience in AP accounting
- Experience partnering effectively throughout an organization to develop and drive regional initiatives
- Track record of process improvement initiatives will be an extra asset
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and Accounting/ ERP systems (SAP experience beneficial)
- Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory.
- Masters/ Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 2 years Finance/ Accounting experience in an international company
- Experience in working on the PTP team in SSC/BPO
- Strong communication skills and fast learning ability required
- Track record of implemented process improvements
- Open mind highly appreciated
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as “One Gates” and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best we also want to give you the best. That’s why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of “Dress for your Day” (yes - that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers to learn more.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBLITY?