Who we are looking for
The role will support the Company Secretariat and Senior Managers Regime Office teams with the delivery of services to a number of State Street EMEA legal entities, internal governance committees and senior management. The role is an Individual contributor without line management responsibilities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Governance Specialist you will support:
Co- Sec tasks:
- Collation, creation and review of packs and distribution board/committee papers
- Following up actions arising from board/committee meetings
- Maintenance of annual agenda planners for boards and committees
- Attending and preparing minutes from board/committee meetings
- Sending redacted board/committee meeting packs to regulators
- Preparing cosec MI & making updates to Collaborate site as required
- Maintaining legal entity and committee structure charts
- Distribution and collation of self-evaluation questionnaires for boards/committees
- Certification regime – carrying out and managing the process around issuing Certificates (incl. Fitness and Propriety) on an ad-hoc and annual basis;
- Screening & rescreening – managing the process around securing completed background checks on individuals appointed to regulated roles, including liaising with Global Human Resources, Global Security Services and the outsource provider, Sterling;
- Senior Management Regulatory Applications – organize, manage and carry out the process to ensure accurate documentation is collated and obtained in support of senior management regulatory registrations;
- Management Information & Reporting – production of management information and reporting
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proficiency in English is a must. German is an advantage.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of Lean or other process improvement concepts.
- Managing databases, and providing data analysis
- Have effective communication skills
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in change management.
- Be able to proactively prioritise workload and manage own time effectively
- Be able to work flexibly to facilitate the needs of the team
- Be proactive and demonstrate initiative
- Be a self-motivated and goal-oriented individual
- Be able to work under pressure to tight timelines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Technology or equivalent.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway