Cyber Detection Machine Learning Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you fascinated by advanced analytics leveraging the latest artificial intelligence methodologies & technologies as well as statistical approaches?
Are you innovative, analytical and deeply motivated by the fascinating and bound to grow world of cyber security?
Are you willing to play an active role within our worldwide UBS Cyber Defense environment?
We are looking for such a person to:
- Develop and enhance advanced cyber detection models based on artificial intelligence as well as statistical techniques
- Detect not only potentially malicious activities within the UBS IT infrastructure but also technically complex cyber-attacks in early phases of attack lifecycle
- Use the latest big data technologies for models to evolve on our daily growing multi-terabytes cyber data lake
- Apply the latest software engineering techniques to reach full model automation and integration within our 24/7 fully robotized Security Analytics platform (SECA)
- Collaborate within the broader Advanced Analytics team to apply artificial intelligence techniques to in-house available vendor technologies
- Work on artificial data synthesis to support artificial intelligence models as well as our model testing framework.
You will be working in the Artificial Intelligence unit of the Advanced Analytics team and be based in Krakow. The Advanced Analytics team, part of the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) within Group Technology, strives to detect malicious activities within the UBS IT infrastructure as well as technically complex cyber-attacks in early phases of attack lifecycle. It is a young and empowered team always seeking excellence and continuous improvement.
– Experience in a role as a machine learning engineer, data scientist, quantitative analyst and/or quantitative model developer. Ideally part of this experience would be in the field of security
– At least a bachelor degree in a quantitative, scientific or technological area (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence,…)
– Strong programming skills in Python, practical experience with at least one of its mainstream deep learning frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch) and ideally with an ecosystem around managing the Artificial Intelligence model lifecycle (MLflow, hyperopt, etc.)
– Practical knowledge of several techniques & methodologies used in advanced analytics: Statistics, deep learning (Neural Networks architecture research and hyper-parameters tuning),…
– Information security know-how and practical experience
– Experience with data engineering and also preferably with big data technologies (Spark, etc.)
– Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills when dealing with complex issues and the ability to take personal ownership and drive remediation.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.