.Net Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a master of Microsoft technologies? Are you passionate about C# .Net development in Agile environment? We're looking for someone like that who will:
• develop business-critical products & services in an environment that requires flexibility and high productivity
• collaborate with project managers, business analysts, architects and quality assurance professionals
• keep a sharp focus on application design, security and performance
• investigate and resolve problems
• take pride in the quality of delivered software (this is what drives you)
You’ll be working in the Global Banking team in Wrocław. Our role is to provide technology support for the full range of Investment Banking and Corporate Finance products. We help by building large-scale content management and messaging services, leveraging SharePoint, Exchange, Azure and other Microsoft products.
• minimum of degree qualification in an appropriate subject, 5+ years commercial experience (Financial Services preferred)
• solid background in Agile/Extreme development, and a history of working in a distributed (onshore/offshore) team
• good grounding in object-oriented design principles (SOLID)
• thorough expertise in C# .Net technologies gained through formal education and hands-on development experience, including: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2016; ASP .NET up to and including version 4.0; Microsoft best-practice coding standards
• experience of .Net Core and use of containers is also desirable
• flair for designing enterprise SOA applications, using C# .Net development Design Patterns, and focusing on: performance; volume; scalability; extensibility
• proficiency building and deploying applications in an IIS environment, using Microsoft Visual Studio and GitHub Source Control
• proven capability writing Unit and Automated integration tests in a TDD approach
• PowerShell and shell-scripting know-how
• good understanding of Fakes / Mocking frameworks
• familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint 2013 / 2016 (MCTS qualified desirable)
• exposure to Data Modelling / Database Design (Oracle technical knowledge would be beneficial)
• some involvement with Team City and UNIX technologies
• a clear communicator, able to summarize technical information for a variety of stakeholders
• strongly analytical – you enjoy translating requirements or problem definitions into sound technical designs
• an enthusiastic, highly-motivated team player
• resilient, thriving in a challenging environment to deliver business benefits within agreed deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.