Who we are looking for
The State Street’s AlphaSM Data team is seeking versatile Data Operations Specialist with data analysis skills to help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and competitive advantage using the Alpha services and product offerings. The successful candidate has experience in data operations management, collaboration as well as communication and technical skills that enable process optimization and automation. This role is part of broader Alpha Data Operations that supports clients globally and is working closely with our colleagues in Boston, Hangzhou and Bangalore.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Data Operations Specialist you will
- Support data operations, make sure the data is delivered to clients on time and is of good quality. See that metrics are being produced accurately on a daily basis
- Conduct root cause analysis of data issues
- Support internal and client testing activities prior to “go live” date and immediate post-production transition with the support of test plan development and test scripts
- As part of the wider team, add an input on overall Alpha Data product enhancements and requirements
- Collaborate with Alpha Data Implementation, Service Management and IT teams to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Industry knowledge, experience in Middle Office Operations, Transaction Management, Corporate Actions, Derivatives, Performance & Analytics, etc. will be an advantage
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, problem solving, and decision making
- SQL knowledge, hands-on experience with database/data warehouse
- “Can do” attitude
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in the field of finance, economics or other related field preferred.
- Typically 2-3 years of industry experience across Financial Services, IT or Data fields
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team ethics and team player
- Good communication and English language skills (both written and verbal)
- SQL knowledge
- Experience in automation using VBA/Python/SQL or other tools is a plus