Who we are looking for
Are you passionate about business strategy?
Do you seek opportunities to use data and analytics to make business decisions?
Do you want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment?
Are you forward thinking, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo?
Why this role is important to us
Founded 40 years ago as the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is grounded in State Street’s 225-year heritage of helping people manage their assets wisely. Today, we’re the world’s third largest asset manager with over $3 trillion in assets under management for more than 2800 clients, ranging from central banks and sovereign wealth funds, to pensions, foundations and investment advisors.
Our Investment team designs and manages investment strategies as well as solutions for a broad spectrum of clients across the world.
What you will be responsible for
The Fixed-Income Credit Research team currently has Analysts working in our Boston, Stamford/CT, and London offices. Analysts on the team are responsible for comprehensive fundamental credit analysis and industry research, which support SSGA’s global fixed-income strategies. Candidates will support their assigned Credit Research Analyst(s), with primary responsibilities to include industry and issuer monitoring and preparation of written research reports. Candidates will also assist with ad-hoc research projects, which may be circulated to internal and external clients. Analysts in this role are expected to collaborate effectively within an immediate team and across organizational functions with business units, Finance, Treasury, Risk, and IT to share knowledge, expertise and guidance.
While initial responsibilities will be focused on supporting the Credit Research teams in our Boston, Stamford, and London offices, SSGA has an institutional goal of establishing an experienced team in our Krakow office. We view the further development of our investment management capabilities in our Krakow office as an integral part of the global advancement of our fixed-income capabilities, and expect that the growth in experience, and in staffing, for our Credit Research team in Krakow will play a key role in that advancement.
- Support the fundamental credit research efforts on assigned sectors, working closely with the senior credit research analysts.
- Sector-specific credit research output will be utilized by a variety of portfolio management constituents for Cash and Investment Grade strategies, and as such the candidate will contribute to strategically important outputs for all strategies, including:
- Assist in primary review, credit analysis, financial modelling and documentation of all new issue and secondary credits in assigned sectors.
- Building knowledge of relative value and pricing of assigned credits, in order to assist in the process of evaluation and communication buy/hold/sell investment opinions for all assigned fixed income credits.
- The maintenance of credit approval lists for global Cash strategies, which includes timely written reports and analysis of approved issuers, as well as the identification and analysis of companies in assigned industries for possible future investment approval.
- Managing and executing the fulfillment of reporting requirements for assigned sectors and credits, including regulatory and client-specific documentation.
- Support the maintenance of current investment recommendations and credit opinions in our internal database.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of periodic “sector deep dives”.
- Assist in the effective communication of sector developments and investment strategy within assigned sectors throughout the investment organization.
- Build industry relationships with external management teams, rating agencies and sell-side analysts, and maintain open and frequent communications with these parties.
- Provide support to the Asset Stewardship and Portfolio Strategist teams to advance the firms’ goals with regards to responsible investing, which includes stewardship and integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles into our fixed income investment solutions, including:
- Assessing a company’s management of ESG risk and green bond issuance opportunities.
- Assist in investee engagement on a variety of issues including corporate sustainability and impact performance, disclosure of impact metrics, alignment with sustainability & impact goals.
- Work with our Stewardship team to engage, track and organize company meetings as well as annual impact reporting, delivering ad hoc thought pieces and other external communications.
All candidates should possess or exhibit:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a business-related discipline. (Accounting background or CFA preferred)
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work independently yet also maintain strong team orientation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Passion for investing
- Possess high interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Experience in an investment, accounting, or a financial services environment, preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial statements.
- Familiarity with financial software and databases (eg FactSet, Bloomberg).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel skills and modelling experience preferred.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Please note that State Street Global Advisors is not accepting candidates that require visa sponsorship, at this time.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.