Quantitative Developer in Global Wealth Management
Outsourcing / Offshoring, Quantitative Analysis, Research
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
Do you share our belief in the power of big data? Do you want to work at the forefront of innovation and apply your data analytics skills in a state-of-the-art technology-driven trading environment? We are looking for someone who combines a solid background in technology and data analytics with a strong interest in securities trading to:
• help us transform the Global Wealth Management business into a truly data driven organisation with a focus on trade data
• derive data driven insight from large amounts of complex datasets to measure trade execution performance, optimize automatic client order routing processes and help reduce risk by detecting order flow anomalies
• deliver tools and applications based upon defined solution architecture, business requirements and UBS enterprise architecture standards
• write clear and maintainable production code, in close interaction with our team of data scientists, business and IT
• work directly with our Hub organization in Zurich and global stakeholders across the securities order handling and execution value chain
We are a part of UBS Wealth Management COO Organization and we are responsible for analysing the execution raw data through data analysis and processing in order to improve our understanding of customer behaviour. By linking the statements of the customers with the understanding of the client advisors or relationship managers, new insights can be gained. These are used to create new services and products that can be tested on the market by rapid prototyping. Based on order and execution data combined with market situations, we understand the client and market behaviour better and can produce prototypes of new services which can be quickly tested before going into production. Our goal is to produce new tools and features to our clients and client advisors based on quantitative research and development to improve their experience in client-order handling lifecycle.
• university degree (MSc or PhD) in natural sciences or computer science
• experience in developing data pipelines and data-driven applications
• commercial experience in Python - mandatory
• experience with relational databases (SQL), streaming platforms (Kafka) is a plus
• experience with data visualization software (Microstrategy, Tableau, Dash)
• experience in automating tasks (Airflow)
• understanding of statistics and machine-learning techniques
• working experience in financial services, preferably wealth management
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.