Poland Winter Intern
State Street Global Advisors’ Internship Overview
State Street Global Advisors’ Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity to work and learn about our organization, our culture and how we do business on a day-to-day basis.
Our 3-month internship program will allow you get firsthand experience in one of the following areas of SPDR divisions: ETF Strategy, Sales Strategy & Research, Capital Markets Group, Quantitative Research Analytics.
Your individual accountabilities among others may include:
- Providing quantitative research support, Markets Oversight, Execution Services and Business Development support.
- Assist in servicing client requests through providing bespoke performance analytics.
- Assist in creating new research publications.
What we value:
- You are a well-rounded student, in the last year of studies towards a Bachelor's/Master's degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. Econometrics, Finance, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar).
- Good written and spoken English
- An interest in financial markets and investment management, including asset allocation, passive vs. active investing and how to use ETFs as portfolio building blocks.
- Experience with Python or VBA programming language would be a great asset.
- Familiarity with MS Office essential tools and strong Excel skills in particular. Ability to work with large datasets.
- Some experience with optimisation techniques, performance measurement and reporting
- Ability to engage with, interpret and replicate financial academic literature
- Participation in a CFA program would be a big plus.
When will you start: Our Programme will run from January till April 2021. You must be available for the full duration of the programme.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.