Who we are looking for
This position is perfect for an individual who has expertise in risk assessment, internal control, compliance or audit functions within the Financial Services sector, who possesses strong attention to detail and coordination capabilities, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. It is a role from which a successful candidate may develop a career further in Compliance or in other risk and control areas.
The Compliance Risk Monitoring Team (CRMT) within Corporate Compliance is part of the firm’s integrated approach to monitoring Compliance Risk across the First and Second Lines of Defense. As an integral component of the company-wide compliance monitoring approach, CRMT is responsible for performing monitoring and testing over key areas of Compliance Risk, including the top Compliance Risks identified for the firm that fall under Corporate Compliance’s remit as the Second Line of Defense (SLOD). The CRMT Analyst reports to a CRMT Senior Manager, who is responsible for leading a team of global professionals in the design and execution of monitoring and testing activities developed to identify potential breaches of Regulatory Obligations and Corporate Compliance policies, as well as to ascertain whether key controls that are in place to mitigate the risk of non-compliance with Compliance Risk continue to operate effectively.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Compliance Analyst you will
- Design monitoring and testing activities for areas deemed to be of higher focus within a particular Compliance Risk
- Execute the review of internal controls that support various regulatory requirements in addition to internal Firm requirements (Internal Control Testing)
- Execute substantive outcome monitoring using analytical techniques to detect potential breaches of Regulatory Obligations (Outcome-Based Monitoring)
- Liaise with their CRMT colleagues all over the globe to share and complete deliverables
- Work with CRMT and Compliance Advisory colleagues to design high value, efficient monitoring and testing activities
- Execute said monitoring and testing activities in line with established standards and execution plans
- Provide timely execution and ensure quality of work product, including preparation of workpapers
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CRMT Methodology as well as a broad understanding of the entire Corporate Compliance function at State Street
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other CRMT staff members globally
- Identify real-time CRMT process improvements and suggest resolutions when applicable
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills , including the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a global team, liaising with people from all major regions
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MA (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience in a compliance testing or audit function within the financial services sector
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.