Legal Counsel with State Street Global Advisors, AVP
Why this role is important to us
SSGA is seeking a corporate attorney based in our Krakow, Poland office to provide legal support for SSGA’s global fiduciary solutions and institutional services businesses in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity and ethics. This role requires a self-motivated and highly collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and who can work independently with little supervision on time sensitive matters.
What you will be responsible for
- Providing legal advice and support on institutional client prospecting, contracting, on-boarding and on-going account maintenance across SSGA’s North America-based investment management products and services, with a focus on reviewing, drafting and negotiating client agreements.
- Supporting SSGA’s global Request for Proposal (RFP) team to respond to client and regulatory inquiries.
- Advising on ad-hoc business initiatives, which may involve complex legal issues.
- As part of a global team of lawyers, collaborating with product, sales, on-boarding, account management and marketing teams.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in a recognized law firm and/or in-house legal team.
- 3+ years of experience in investment management and/or financial services.
- Fluent in English.
- Commitment to integrity.
- Shows motivation, self-reliance, pragmatism and resourcefulness.
- Great teammate with good communications skills and the ability to build and sustain collaborative cross-functional relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multitask.
- Must be a qualified lawyer. A post-graduate degree is an advantage.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.