Who we are looking for
The State Street’s AlphaSM Data team is seeking an experienced and versatile Data Operations Senior Specialist with business solutions and data analysis expertise to help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and competitive advantage using the Alpha services and product offerings. The successful candidate will have knowledge of tools and techniques used for efficient data management, outstanding collaboration expertise as well as communication and technical skills that enable process optimization and automation. This role is part of broader Alpha Data Operations team and the candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with implementation, service management and IT teams across the globe.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Data Operations Senior Specialist you will
- Support data operations; make sure the data is delivered to clients on time, accurate and within scope.
- Become process/platform SME; conduct root cause analysis of data issues and act as the point of contact to address questions, queries and requests
- Independently perform work within guidelines and according to specific procedures
- Support internal and client testing activities prior to “go live” date and immediate post-production transition, oversee and improve live processes
- As part of the wider team, add an input on overall Alpha Data product enhancements and requirements
- Collaborate with Alpha Data Implementation, Service Management and IT teams to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Industry knowledge, experience in Middle Office Operations, Transaction Management, Corporate Actions, Derivatives, Performance & Analytics, etc. will be an advantage
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, problem solving, and decision making
- SQL knowledge, hands-on experience with database/data warehouse
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Data Management, Finance, Business or equivalent
- Typically 3 – 5 years of industry experience across Financial Services, IT or Data fields
- Clear understanding of investment data and aspects of investment process
- Experience in automation using VBA/Python/SQL or other tools
- Strong technical skills, e.g. SQL, knowledge of database design (Data Feeds, Elements, Categories, Marts), etc.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and related tools (JIRA, Rally, RTC) is a plus
- Strong team ethics and team player
- Good communication and English language skills (both written and verbal)
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops