Quant Analyst - Trading
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about trading? Do you have a strong and proven background in the management and analysis of large date sets using statistical methods to detect patterns? We are looking for someone to:
• analyze the performance and provide oversight on the trading quality of our traders, trading strategies and brokers.
• assist in the development of robust pre-, intra- and post-trade transaction cost analytics
• construct and maintain our transaction databases across all asset classes
• assist in the review and assessment of our trade algorithm providers and work with our vendors to enhance their performance.
• contribute and provide oversight to the development and management of our automated execution capabilities.
• engage traders across our global trading organization to enhance and develop out trading strategies
•collaborate with portfolio managers across our investment teams to better understand trade timing and profile the trading patterns of our portfolio managers.
You will sit within the Trading Strategy and Analytics team, which is part of the Global Trading and Order Generation department at UBS Asset Management/O'Connor. The Trading Strategy and Analytics team is responsible for utilizing analytics to implement strategic trading initiatives with the goal of providing superior execution quality across equity, fixed income, and FX asset classes. You will report into the Global Head of Trading Strategy and Analytics.
• Bachelors or Masters in Quantitative Finance or related field
• 3+ year's working experience in execution trading related environment
• programming experience with Python, and/or R, Matlab, C++
• SQL Querying or database experience highly desired
• ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of a range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, FX and ETDs
• knowledge of Asset Management industry and experience of working within a large asset management firm
• excellent analytical skills, detail and quality oriented
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.