What we value
Within SSGA Investment Operations the European Shareholder Services team administers incoming client instructions relating to subscription and redemption activity for both pooled funds and segregated portfolios. The team is responsible for the verification, accurate and timely processing and onward communication of these instructions to the SSGA Investment Management team.
The Shareholder Services team within SSGA Poland is an extension to the SSGA Shareholder Services team globally (London, Dublin, Bangalore, Boston). As the Manager of the team in Poland, you will manage an existing team of 7 direct reports.
- The Functions of the role include:
- Contributing to strategic planning for your team and help to define the multi-site operating model.
- Managing transfer of activities from different locations into your team with a complete focus on mitigating risk and ensuring seamless continuity of services.
- Ensuring that the team provides accurate and timely operational investment support.
- Responsibility for monitoring and oversight of daily processes and controls. Hands on approach and willingness to step in and complete daily processes where coverage is required.
- Assigning daily responsibilities clearly to the team members, leading and motivating the team. Completing tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Maintaining effective working relationships and communications with the team members and ensuring they are developed and supported. This entails associated people management activities including goal setting, conducting performance reviews, talent development and recruitment.
- Managing operational risk within your team, regularly review and identifying further opportunities for risk mitigation. Ensuring all functional procedures are kept up to date.
- Supporting a culture of effective challenge to evolve daily operational processes, recommending and implementing changes and delivering continuous improvement. Being open to feedback.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions.
- Maintaining the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensuring compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Attending internal and external meetings as required.
- Meeting regularly with peers to ensure that operating model is consistent and to share best practice.
- Leading key projects to improve efficiencies and re-evaluate processes.
- You will have experience of leading a team and managing through change.
- You will have experience of people management, including recruitment and appraisals.
- You will have strong analytical skills and a positive organised approach.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- You will be able to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment
- You are willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
Level of Education:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Very good English, other languages an advantage.
Previous Level of Experience:
- 5+ years robust industry experience within Investment Operations or Transfer Agency function is desirable.