MAKE HISTORY WITH US!At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
We are currently hiring for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our Data Science Infrastructure team developing and operating our PMI Enterprise Data Platform. PMI Enterprise Data Platform is a strategic capability to drive new consumer insights, to improve consumer experience, to enable fast context-aware decision making and to optimize operations along the value chain. This role will be based at PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o in the Information Services (IS) Department in Kraków, Poland.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?• University degree in computer science or similar;
• Experience working as computer support or sysadmin (Linux environment);
• Proficiency in English (B2+)
NICE TO HAVE:• Linux environments and scripting skills experience with shell scripting (bash), Python
• Experience with AWS Services (EC2, VPC, Route53, IAM, EMR, Sagemaker);
• Experience with Kubernetes, Docker;
• Automation tools: Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, etc.;
• Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana;
• Knowledgeable in distributed systems and redundancy, high-availability and performance optimizations;
• Hadoop ecosystem (i.e. HDFS, Kafka, Spark, Hive).
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?• private medical and dental care, life insurance;
• subsidized meals in company canteens;
• remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements;
• employee pension plan;
• multisport program;
• cafeteria program;
• wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility
• free bike and car parking for all employees.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE HISTORY WITH US?• Research, evaluate, and develop PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges.
• Maintain, manage and deploy highly-available, auto-scaling, monitored systems and services as part of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
• Monitor overall platform performance, and make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall platform proficiency.
• Build and maintain the automated DevOps toolchain, related processes and best practices.
• Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
• Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices.
• Perform, in collaboration with PMI Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
• Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.