Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced, organised and insightful individual to join SSGA EMEA’s Business Control Office (BCO) based in Krakow, Poland.
The BCO is a business aligned group comprising of Business Continuity Programme and the Control Assurance function focused on mitigating risks within the First Line of Defense (FLOD).This hybrid role will in part see you working directly to ensure SSGA’s operational resiliency together with identifying and driving solutions to improve the overall control environment and effect behavioural change within the organisation. You will get to engage with a wide variety of first and second line stakeholders across the region, as well as with colleagues from North America and the Asia-Pacific region as we deliver the global FLOD Risk Excellence program.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Continuity and Controls Manager you will
- support the delivery of all aspects of the global programme including planning, testing, incident management and disaster recovery.
- collaborate with business management to achieve the application of the operational resiliency programme and risk management processes, to enable the continuous assessment of risk and the effectiveness of the operating and control environment.
- where appropriate, lead and drive implementation with the business of a programme and/or systems to advance the FLOD risk framework including associated developments in policies and procedures, management reporting, and internal controls.
- apply project management principles and disciplines to deliver assigned initiatives on time and with high quality outcomes across a variety of underlying projects and workstreams
- provide a new perspective in challenging all current “business as usual” processes, looking to drive out inefficiencies and/or change
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Financial services experience with good knowledge of investment processes and instruments, client service requirements and operations.
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks, including operational resiliency or business continuity requirements and an understanding of control and process mapping methodologies.
- Good communication, negotiating and influencing skills, enabling you to support delivery of the controls agenda.
- Customer focused to ensure you and the wider team remains sensitive to the demands of our partners, clients and stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, prioritizing quality over quantity of output with a good understanding of risk and prioritisation/escalation practices
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional qualification useful.
- Fluent speaker/writer in Polish, English
- You may be required to work outside of normal office hours during continuity incidents to support the business.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers