Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced, organised and insightful individual to join SSGA EMEA’s Institutional Client Group based in Krakow, Poland.
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our focused, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. Our mission, plain and simple, is helping our clients achieve financial security. Since this means something different for each investor, we devote significant time up front to thoroughly understand their specific needs, and then apply our experience and intellectual rigor across a broad toolkit to develop and manage thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. The firm employs more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries, and has nine investment centres across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
What you will be responsible for
·Develop calendar of governance activities and training programmes
·Maintain, update and revise written processes and procedures for EMEA ICG
- Assist in testing of controls and support the EMEA ICG controls framework
- Handle error reporting and client communication
- Run various monitoring activities and review, assess and report policy/procedure breaches and near-misses, and lead, implement and/or develop remediation
- Own the review of marketing material in compliance with internal controls framework
- Ensure that information on meaningful regulatory developments and their impact is disseminated across the team including training programmes
- Provide insight on industry standard methodology on regulatory and governance matters and assisting in resolving sales practice-related issues
- Assist with the administration and implementation of internal controls framework, working in collaboration with RMs/AEs, Legal and Compliance teams and other partners
- Provide support for the continuous improvement of controls related to SSGA’s compliance oversight and operational risk management programs, including assisting in the completion of assigned regulatory risk assessment activities and review of all supervisory programs, and other key projects
What we value
SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
SSGA’s EMEA Institutional Client Group (ICG) is responsible for all institutional client facing activities in the EMEA, including new business development, client service and on-boarding. This team includes over 100 individuals across our DB, DC, Global Cash and Official Institutions Group businesses.
In this role you will work with our ICG Head of Business Controls to develop and maintain an infrastructure to support governance responsibilities within ICG. You will have the opportunity to help craft our ongoing business processes and participate in efforts to continuously improve and evolve our operating framework.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 2-3 years of compliance and/or risk experience required
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Authority with database technology and Microsoft Office
- Creative and upbeat with strong work ethic and intellectually curious
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Capability to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment