Technology Risk Management Lead (Group Finance)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have an interest in understanding and managing remediation of technology risks and controls? Do you have a reasonably strong technical background, some audit interaction and experience, as well as excellent management and communication capabilities? We’re looking for someone like that to lead our Group Finance Technology Risk Management team to:
• Proactively manage and reduce Technology Risk in-line with our defined risk appetite encompassed in our SERA (Software Enterprise Requirement Assessment) and applied by our SWC’s (Software Components) to MERs (Minimum Enterprise Requirements) while creating a robust controls environment for our portfolio of IT applications and underlying infrastructure
• Work closely with the FRAS Risk Team to understand new risk areas of focus that need to be applied to the Finance IT portfolio and build a roadmap toward delivery.
• Host regular communications with the SWCs and where appropriate others affecting the successful implementation to remediate any of these risks.
• Create an environment where we all truly understand technology risks and are focusing discussions with the lens of agreed risk appetite when determining areas of concern and remediation
• Implement a standardized, efficient approach to technology risk management for Group Finance Technology with ongoing alignment to the UBS Risk Frameworks
• Promote risk awareness and provide adequate training in culture and risk management
• Implement strong risk governance and oversight covering aspects such as Software Development Life Cycle, Enterprise Logging & Monitoring, Security Patch Management, IT Asset Inventories, Access Controls
• Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
The role will be leading the Group Finance Technology Risk Management team reporting directly to the Head of Group Finance Technology. We have a large set of applications (~200) that we build, enhance and support via an important portfolio of programs driven by regulatory changes and significant business benefits. We are a dynamic team with a global footprint (~1000 people worldwide). We ensure technology risks are mitigated to enable our production systems to keep operating effectively. Our risk management services include compliance, controls assessment and testing, frameworks, audit engagement, risk remediation, risk governance & reporting.
• University Degree or Masters with experience in the areas of Technology or Operational Risk Management
• Some experience with Audit (internal or external) ideally within a technology domain
• Experience leading and managing a team
• Well structured, very reliable and dedicated; high attention to detail, ability to handle a significant number of parallel tasks, dependencies and issues
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to different audiences and working styles / backgrounds and effective influence change in a global and diverse team
• Proactive and independent work style, good organizational and time-management skills
• Passion for technology and risk topics
• High levels of drive and commitment to high quality on-time delivery and flexibility to undertake a variety of assignments
• Can-do approach when tackling difficult tasks
• Willingness to learn and challenge yourself in new areas of knowledge
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.