Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Corporate Actions Specialist to join our Corporate Actions department. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the supervisor with enhancing the productivity of the unit in addition to performing specialized operational securities processing activities to support the firm’s business lines. This includes activities such as: reviewing and validating corporate action announcements; soliciting, reviewing and processing client instructions for electable CA events; pre-reconciling and validating corporate action payments; handling client inquiries and resolving client issues (depending on your team assignment). The role of Operations Lead Specialist will involve assisting in development of team members and improving processes. Part of your duties will also include documenting workflows and procedures and end-of-day reconciliation of work/proof and control.
- Day to Day focus is on executing tasks within defined policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems.
- Coordinate control/production related activities.
- Coordinate intraday and end of day prioritization and reconciliation of daily work/proof and control.
- Manage daily production reporting.
Utilize BBH Market Data Vendors, Company Documentation and Agent Bank information to research corporate event information.
- Review and validate corporate action announcements that team members input into CA platform for dissemination to clients and downstream systems
- Identify incomplete and/or inconsistent information that may result in risk to BBH or our clients. Resolve the discrepancy.
- Review and validate unexecuted corporate action instructions that team members input into CA platform for dissemination to agents and depositories.
- Research and analyze share and cash breaks and past due items. Resolve all open breaks and past due payments within defined time frames.
- Identify and communicate all uninstructed positions for Corporate Events to clients via phone call and written communication.
- Assist in the development of team members by providing training.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues.
- Education level and/or relevant experience(s).
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Up to 2 years of custody or securities processing or other industry experience.
- English skills at minimum B2 level.
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Customer Service orientation, works to exceed client expectations.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to diligently work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to allocate work through educated workflow management.
- Proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.