Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a DevOps Junior Engineer, Associate 2 who will focus on resiliency and improving applications across the EMEA region with our team in Poland.
Why this role is important to us:
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
The main goal of DevOps Team in Gdansk is to provide L3 support and resiliency for number of internally/externally developed applications (around 25) and provide full support for Xceptor v3.
We proactively monitor application performances through our internal / external tools to identify and resolve issues or performance slowness’s as fast as possible in cooperation with other teams. Other responsibility we focus on, is to gather and maintain the knowledge about: apps, processes, tools, data flows, standard operations per app, accesses, people and teams involved, issues and its solutions. We provide L3 issue analysis with workarounds or suggestions of fixes. Our team is also responsible for standard operations, it looks a bit differently per every application and depends on business needs.
What you will be responsible for:
- Continuous operations on supported applications;
- Monitoring of production systems;
- Technical analysis/expertise on issues;
- Providing business users with feedback/solutions dependently on agreed scope per app ;
- Cooperation with other teams;
- Work accordingly to established procedures and help to improve them;
- Creating, updating, reviewing support documentation (SOPs);
- Checking for possibility to automate repetitive actions;
- Improve performance, processes of/in supported applications.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Fluent / upper-intermediate (B2+) in English;
- Proven Skills in Problem Solving in Complex Application Environments;
- Strong Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills;
- Excellent Understanding of Deployment Architectures and High Availability Concepts;
- Strong Communication Skills;
- Competency in continuous improvement and prevention of reoccurring issues.
- Up to 2 years of experience in IT industry;
- Good Hands on experience in Oracle/SQL and Linux is Mandatory.
- Experience in Github & Cloud will be added advantage .
- Experience in Java or .Net SQL Server Unix;
- Experience in developing solutions for Enterprise applications;
- Experience in DevOps and/or release engineering;
Beneficial knowledge for role:
- Experience in Windows J2EE Scripting Database Cloud Technologies;
- Experience in Websphere Tomcat etc. configuration setup;
- ITIL certificate.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops