The Expense Administration Team Leader oversees a staff of Expense Administration Supervisors responsible for the daily and ongoing execution of Expense Administration on behalf of our client’s funds including the administration of invoices, expense related forecasts and budgets, accrual calculations, periodic reporting, process maintenance and improvements, and implementing new client directed and BBH directed initiatives.
The position provides support to the Expense Administration Manager while also providing leadership and guidance to the Expense Administration Supervisors.
The position also oversees service delivery to assigned client groups and is also responsible for systems enhancements as they relate to Expense Administration and the development of the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assists in the evaluation and development of enhancements to BBH systems for control, processing and reporting purposes as dictated by client or internal initiatives;
- Continually meets with direct reports to review current processes and the strengths and weaknesses of those processes; responds appropriately with modifications, maintenance or new implementations;
- Oversees planning, coordination, preparation and reviews of all expense budgeting processes, expense structure implementations, pro forma requests, system implementations and internal and client initiatives;
- Allocates client related services appropriately to each Expense Administration Supervisor and associated team;
- Participates in development of team metrics and monitors ongoing productivity and volume measures for all processes at a detailed and aggregated level for all internal and client-based activities;
- Stays ahead of industry issues, regulatory changes, and best practices for all Expense Administration practices and effectively communicate these internally and externally where required;
- Communicates to and trains staff on applicable laws and regulations as they pertain to the mutual fund and investment services industry;
- Maintains knowledge over applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Internal Revenue Code, GAAP, Regulation S-X and other applicable requirements;
- Communicates appropriately with Senior Managers and internal contacts with respect to all timetables, workflows and other relevant administrative matters;
- Maintains a leadership role by developing internal relationships with key players in other departments to accomplish goals and resolve issues;
- Provides ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve individual and team performance;
- Works with Manager to monitor performance issues and the disciplinary process for employees failing to meet team expectations;
- Completes and oversees the completion of the BBH annual and mid-year performance review process;
- Participates in selecting and hiring new staff members;
- Provides oversight of client service delivery;
- Serves as a key point of escalation of contact for client contacts and contribute with effective analytical and research techniques to resolve inquiries;
- Participates in client visits to ensure client satisfaction and communicate product related information;
- Provides consistent, positive mentoring and development of Administrator skills and levels of productivity, ensures consistent, positive self-development of technical and leadership skills.
- BA/MS degree and/or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in financial product accounting, fund accounting or basic accounting and analysis preferred;
- Prior supervisory or management experience; strong desire to manage others and a willingness to provide the necessary support and leadership for their development;
- Entrepreneurial and Self-motivated, capable of monitoring and completing a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to work in a deadline oriented, client-driven environment, being well organized and detail oriented;
- Be highly engaged in the team’s collective work to foster a highly collaborative team environment;
- Advanced knowledge of mutual fund products, multi-class accounting, and the components of a NAV;
- Proactively anticipate client needs and respond effectively to client inquiries;
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.