Who we are looking for
A senior payroll specialist with fluent German language skills who will join our payroll team supporting EMEA HR.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior HR and Payroll EMEA Specialist with German you will
- Deliver HR administration and Payroll activities to support EMEA HR and providing Tier 3 customer support for such HR services.
- Manage employee queries related to HR
- Provide accurate and consistent advise to employees within agreed SLA
- Coordinate and ensure effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties/vendors/third parties and follows up on administrative details within or across divisions that includes handling confidential and sensitive information that pertains to employee personal sensitive data.
- Act as a local escalation first point of contact for all HR issues
- Prepare and distributes standard and ad hoc HR reports within specified guidelines Take care of assigned HR activities in a timely accurate and efficient manner in line with local legislative requirements including relevant paper work preparation & sign off;
- Engage with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and operational areas to quantify, track and measure potential business benefits and/ or risk for any defined HR processes
- Ensure and monitoring the compliance of maintaining data privacy in line with global and local requirements across GHR Shared Services and act in an advisory role when looking at legislative changes and trends to assess and impact future strategy
- Build and maintain close relationship with GHR Shared Services global regional and local vendors as required to deliver high standard service to internal clients
- Take accountability for the continuous improvement in HR team based on observations and input; implementation of new ideas on streamlining of the processes,
- Develop and build strong partnerships across key areas such as GHR Finance Corporate Tax Audit and Compliance
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to manage multiple tasks whilst working towards strict deadlines
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a dynamic business environment with attention to detail
- Strong customer focus and “can do” attitude
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and handle confidential information in a professional manner
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Fluency in written and oral German and English (B2/C1 level required)
- Bachelor’s diploma – preferably HR / finance / accounting
- At least 2-3 years of experience in HR Operations or Payroll position with a strong understanding of best practice around controls regulations, tax compliance and working with outsourced providers
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems required with PeopleSoft experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good Excel skills (practical usage of various functions i.e. pivot tables v-look up and others)