Principal Java software engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for a java developer like that to help us with:
- you will work on an automated equity derivatives quoting and order management platform with a global user base across the whole product lifecycle.
- Strong software development fundamentals, OOP, test first and Agile methodologies needed
- Self motivated to gather requirements and lead the improvement of development processes and systems expected
- Investment banking, equity derivatives and pricing in particular a plus
- The core build technology domain is Java / CosmosDB / Linux / Kafka / Kubernetes / Cloud Platform
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
- strong Java development skills
- excellent problem solving skills, and quick to pick up new concepts
- an excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills
- a self-starter, able to create new solutions independently
- well organized and able to pick up new ideas, structure solutions and see them through to completion
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.