Who we are looking for
As part of the Global Funds Management team, this role will report into the Vice President and is responsible for reviewing financial statements and regulatory filings with an emphasis on identification and implementation of new accounting guidance/pronouncements as they relate to 1940 Act Regulated Investment Companies. Additional responsibilities include: maintenance of accounting policies; assistance on management of audit engagements and; issuing guidance to, and conducting oversight of, the Funds’ service providers and vendors
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Financial Reporting Analyst you will
- Review financial statements prepared by service provider
- Review regulatory filings such as N-CSR, N-30D and N-17f2
- Participate in review of certain sections of funds’ prospectus/SAI filings
- Assist in the management of funds’ annual audits, including audit confirmations
- Assist team in the oversight of the funds’ service providers
- Be aware of an /implement and maintain accounting policies
- Assist team in the documentation of guidelines, policies and procedures
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong organizational/project management skills - Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities with deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, for communication with various levels of the organization
- Attention to detail is key to effectively review financial statements/regulatory filings
- Must be team-oriented in order to succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Business, Accounting, or related field CPA or MBA is preferred
- 4-6 years of work experience preferably with an investment adviser, public accounting firm or a financial services organization
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SEC and IRS standards as they apply to investment companies, partnerships and other fund structures < And here number of years of experience if required>