IT Software Developer (Infrastructure & Security)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Are you motivated to work in a complex, divers and global environment? We’re looking for a software engineer to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyse business requirements for Infrastructure & Security Engineering
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Storage and Backup development team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You’ll be working in the Storage and Backup team, as part of the Technology division in Wroclaw. As an IT Software Engineer, you’ll play an important role in setting the direction and strategy of our storage toolkit. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
• excellent knowledge of backup or software development within the finance sector
• sound knowledge in core Java programming, Spring Framework, Angular and Hibernate
• know-how to apply standards, methods, techniques and templates as defined by our SDLC
• produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• understanding and usage of RDBMS
• experience with automated testing using Junit and Mockito
• a committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
• well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
• a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
• curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
• fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.