Senior Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering and building robust scalable state-of-the-art application?
Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
We're looking for someone like that to help
• development, maintenance and support of delivering Market Data from exchanges, vendors and UBS systems to client applications
• managing, training, and mentoring local development team members
• continuous improvement, test script maintenance, regression monitoring, quality control
• task and Change Management, QA Resource management and QA/Prod system co-ownership
• problem solving, planning, analysis, contribution to regional and global projects and initiatives
• taking ownership of development tasks from analysis to production, collaborating with BA, PM and Support teams, and the APAC/EU/US Denali teams, delivering new market feeds plus enhancements and fixes
• participation in planning, estimating, documentation, and stakeholder engagement will be necessary
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
The Market Data Distribution Team provides a mature global solution that is a pivotal part of the Electronic Trading application stack.
We provide real-time market data to critical applications, including algorithmic trading, GUIs and analytical platforms. We closely collaborate with the development teams responsible for these systems. We support both stock and derivative trading business.
The solution is high volume, high availability and high profile.
Focus is on quality. We achieve high performance by using GC-free Java in tandem with an internally developed multicast event bus framework.
The team has distributed development and support capability across regions, with regional market specialties.
strong Java weighted toward systems programming, I/O, GC-free, data-structures, low-latency
strong knowledge of data-structures
strong Linux, including sys/admin, scripting in some of shell/Python/Groovy
fundamental understanding of the networking stack
a keen interest in financial markets (equities/derivatives/FX)
10+ years of previous experience in systems development
SDLC literate with experience in continuous integration, code-review and automated tests
well organized, reliable, attentive to detail, collaborative
native level English
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
• C or C++
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.