Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Configuration Analyst
The Configuration Analyst is responsible for the update and maintenance of key static data elements and account information on various Fund Services system platforms for Fund Accounting and ETF clients. The Analyst will manage the account set up, Pricing sources and related configuration and data items to ensure appropriate NAV calculation and meet the clients needs related to accounting requirements. The Analyst is responsible for ensuring department procedures are followed and standards of quality and control are met. The Analyst also provides guidance to teams within Fund Services and beyond, support for audit requests and conversions, and is a point of escalation to address complex configuration issues.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and NAV exposure related to fund configuration;
- Understand competencies required for successful job performance;
- Ensure adherence to all established best practice policies, procedures and controls;
- Assist management in the implementation of policies, procedures and controls;
- Review error and omission situations and look for corrective action;
- Assist in the development and production of management reporting;
- Help to enhance the productivity of the unit by identifying opportunities to increase output/capacity through workflow improvements;
- Challenge all processes, procedures and practices and constantly look for a better way to meet deliverables.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience;
- 2 to 3 years of fund accounting, custody, securities processing or other financial industry experience;
- Ability to communicate professionally with others;
- Self-Starter, proactive and objective oriented, with analytical aptitude toward problem resolution;
- Ability to multitask and work well in both independent role and as a team contributor in larger projects;
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of MS Excel functionality;
- Be inquisitive and possess a strong desire to learn and be able to learn quickly;
- Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others;
- Fluency in English;
- May require flexible schedule.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.