Investment Compliance Team Manager will be responsible for managing the team of analysts according to company’s internal procedures and ensuring accurate monitoring of compliance results on client portfolios. She/he will ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched utilizing State Street’s Investment Compliance & Reporting platform in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards. Team Manager will report into the AVP who takes responsibility for the successful maintenance, operation and development of the Poland Investment Compliance operations. In this role you will be required to communicate effectively to both your subordinates and Manager and attend meetings at various levels across the organization, both related to Poland and globally.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Investment Compliance Team Manager you will:
- Delegate is essential as is the ability to engage
- Allocate resources appropriately.
- Manage with confidence.
- Be responsible for full understanding of the end to end process
- Participate in and coordinating projects
- Ensure that accuracy and quality is maintained throughout with robust controls and correction processes in place.
- Support integration of new clients and processes to Poland.
- Support technical product development.
- Assist in the development of a strong governance model
- Encourage the staff to look at how processes could be improved
- Promote Poland whenever possible
- Support the AVP in the related function
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to “make things happen”
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. German is an asset.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Fund Administration essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks, and execute upon concurrent assignments.
- Demonstrates a process improvement mentality
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and database applications
- A thorough understanding of departmental compliance platform is required
- Proficiency with investment compliance monitoring system
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operations or audit in collective investments, preferably with considerable client interaction.
- Excellent English
- Knowledge of VBA would be an advantage
- German language would be an advantage
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops