Senior Java Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
• Are you an enthusiastic Software Craftsman with passion for quality demonstrated with Agile and TDD?
• Do you know how to build robust and scalable Java backend applications?
• Are you not afraid of complex finance domain?
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Develop and maintain Java-based applications
• Design infrastructure/network topology solutions for innovative projects
• Apply best development practices to produce code and effectively utilize technologies
• Provide expertise and architectural assistance to other team members
• Build relationships with users and facilitate requirements gathering
• Investigate and resolve production issues, help maintaining a stable production environment
IB Tech Markets Regulation in Poland consists of multiple teams looking after modern applications within Investment Bank space. We are a group of experts empowered to design and deliver regulatory reporting platform with use of cutting-edge technological stack, e.g. Kafka, Flink, Azure, Databricks, Kibana, Java, Spring, SpringBoot.
Our software is a heart of Investment Bank - we are implementing several strategic projects to process and report data to global regulators in a complete, accurate and timely manner, our applications are processing millions of messages daily with strict SLA.
As a Java Developer you'll play an important role in ensuring the development methodology is followed and lead technical design discussions with other Java Developers.
Our culture centers around partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability and empowerment, and passion for the future. We are fast moving Agile team delivering in monthly cycles constantly collaborating with our stakeholders.
As regulations cover all aspects of the bank, the role will allow you to gain a comprehensive understanding of many financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume Cash Equities to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
• Experience in designing and implementing Java-based (Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot) backend applications
• Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills, understanding of design patterns, clean code principles and concepts like OOD, TDD, BDD, DDD, CI/CD
• Proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, etc.
• Familiarity with debugging and performance tuning along with a good understanding of deploying, maintaining, and monitoring complex Java applications
• Knowledge of modern technical architectures and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
• Experience with ELK Stack, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure
• Familiarity with event driven architectures, stream processing
• Experience with other JVM languages such as Groovy
• Hands-on experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
• Exposure to UNIX/Linux environment with shell scripting
• Experience or interest in financial products
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.